Leak Detection Services
Why hire us?
Even though there are some leaks that are easy to repair yourself, it is always a better idea to call in a professional to make sure that there is no further damage. Even the smallest leaks can have serious consequences if left over time. Hiring a professional can even potentially prevent leaks from causing serious structural damage to your residence or place of business. A leak no bigger than the size of the head of a pin, for example, can pour out over 360,000 gallons of water a year. Our highly trained leak detection technicians will use their skills and expertise to find your leaks, big and small, every time. If your home or commercial property is experiencing any of the following symptoms, you should contact us immediately to come out and do an inspection because you could potentially have a serious water leak:
- Foul sewage-like odors Mold/Mildew build up
- Steadily moving water meter (even during times of inactivity)
- Unusually high water bill balance Discovery of wet/discolored (often yellowish) patches of flooring or walls
- You can hear water running, but you did not turn anything on
How do water leaks occur?
Water leaks can occur for any number of reasons. A lack of maintenance or improperly performed maintenance, rusty, corroded or old pipes, or a shoddy pipe installation. Thankfully, there are a few steps that you can take to prevent leak-related problems:
- Routinely checking & examining easily accessible pipes
- Replacing old washer tubing/piping
- Intermittently checking your water heater connections and piping.
In addition to performing these basic inspections, it is highly suggested that you have a leak detection company like Innovative Leak Detection inspect your home or place of business for the more difficult to spot leaks to avoid future damage and astronomically high water bills. For more information, we suggest you check out this water leak fact sheet from epa.gov. They provide all you need to self-diagnose a water leak. If you do see some of the symptoms, make sure to contact us right away so we can find the leak and assist and provide some options for having it repaired.