Plumbing leaks are among the most demanding problems that a home owner or a business might face. Leaks will certainly take place in sewage systems, drain lines, pipes, or in sub-surface water lines. It can happen anybody, to any kind of structure and can take place at any time! You could not constantly know exactly what is leaking or where, nor could you know how significant the damage is or precisely what has failed.
Plumbing leaks happen in all sorts of pipe products without regard for the place in which it is set up: Leaks take place in copper, galvanized steel, ductile iron, and all kinds of plastic piping and in every imaginable area inside, outside, above or below ground.
The most common areas in which Plumbing Leaks are more likely to take place are typically in your landscaping, around radiant heat systems, irrigation systems, in basements, under concrete slabs or asphalt and possibly the worst of them all, behind your walls.
Typical Indicators of Plumbing Leaks
- Audible water running when all fixtures are off
- Off color ceiling areas, leaking floors, bubbled paint or wall paper
- Water originating from near the floor or low point on a wall
- Warm water when you turn on cold
- Water heater refusing to shut off
- Specifically low water pressure
- High water bills
- Water meter changes without running any water
- Persistent sewage system backup problems
- Mildew odors from floors or walls
- Broken or abnormally damp foundation or slab
- Excessive wetness under carpeting
- Warm locations on concrete floors
- Mildew or mold buildups